Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My sister is a Gay Man...Dude was Trippin

Question: Who owns a purple Ipod with Madonna on it and an engraving saying "Judy Garland Forever"...Perez Hilton, Richard Simmons or George Michael?? Nope...my sister Susan. She is truly a lost cause.


One of my favorite songs of all time is Moonage Daydream by David Bowie. It was playing in my car on the way to work and I realized I didn't know some of the lyrics. So I looked them up and MAN THE DUDE HAD TO BE ON LSD! Great song.


Moonage Daydream (Bowie)

I'm an alligator, I'm a mama-papa coming for you
I'm the space invader, I'll be a rock 'n' rolling bitch for you Keep your mouth shut, you're squawking like a pink monkey bird
And I'm busting up my brains for the words
Keep your 'lectric eye on me babe
Put your ray gun to my head
Press your space face close to mine, love
Freak out in a moonage daydream oh yeah!
Don't fake it baby, lay the real thing on me
The church of man, love, is such a holy place to be
Make me baby, make me know you really care
Make me jump into the air
Keep your 'lectric eye on me babe
Put your ray gun to my head
Press your space face close to mine, love
Freak out in a moonage daydream oh yeah! Yeah!
Keep your 'lectric eye on me babe
Put your ray gun to my head
Press your space face close to mine, love
Freak out in a moonage daydream oooooh!
Keep your 'lectric eye on me babePut your ray gun to my head
Press your space face close to mine, love
Freak out in a moonage daydream oh yeah!
Freak out, far out, in out....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud to have my purple Ipod...with Madonna, Cher and Judy Garland on it!!! :)

susan

Buzz Stephens said...

And we at The Judy Garland Experience are proud to have your sister as a member.

By the way, this week over at Yahoo version of The Judy Garland Experience they are featuring not one, but two performances from Judy's September 1965 run at the Greek Theater. The first night is a head on concert where Judy triumph's magnificently! The second night is a more casual affair as Judy is joined onstage by Johnny Mathis, Martha Raye, and Mickey Rooney. Nobody is feeling any pain at this particular performance.There are also tons of other new files posted including stops Judy made at the Dick Haymes and Bing Crosby radio programs as well other Judy rarities.The non Judy files posted are A recording of Angela Lansbury's tour de force performance as Mildred in Of Human Bondage, Frank Sinatra in an ultra rare concert performance from Atlantic City, and highlights from an unreleased 1954 Doris Day soundtrack.
If you are not familiar with The Judy Garland Experience on Yahoo please come by and check it out. along with the constantly changing files, we also have one of the largest rare Judy phot collections on the web! Our membership includes fans of all levels, Garland family members and assosiates, authors of Garland biographies, people who have made films about Judy, other celebrities, historians, your sister Susan, and more! The only one missing is you!Here is the link, I am sure once you visit you will never want to leave:http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience