Saturday, September 20, 2008

Jim the Squirrel


There is this squirrel that hangs outside my office building and he is exceedingly friendly. Apparently, the receptionist and other ladies began feeding it and now he is so used to people he just scampers right up to you. The other day he ran right at me and perched on my foot. I gave him a cracker, which he took right out of my hands, and he took it up a tree to his nest. I don't think it is a good idea to feed wild animals but I have to admit the little guy is adorable. Although he can be pretty persistent if he is hungry and demands food. The only drawback is that the ladies named him "Jim". Jim was an old dear friend of mine whom I miss tremendously, so I get a little sad every time little "Jim" greets me at the front door. I'm thinking a five iron to little Jim's head should solve the problem....just kidding, look at his face!

No comments: