Monday, August 27, 2007

HOGAAAAAAANNNN!

Dad had his first eye surgery last week on his right eye. Things have gone well and, although he will never gain the eyesight that he lost in his stroke, the sight he does have will be clear. He may only need reading glasses when this all is through. Everytime I tape his eye protector on or untape it to put drops in his eyes, he says "Hogggannnn" ...and I say, "I know nutzing...nutzing!!"...we Reeder's crack ourselves up.


Other good news, after his "procedure" today, it is confirmed that he does not have prostrate cancer. He still has to go back to get another treatment but he should be fine...well, at least not as bad as he was. We are getting the house in order after moving all and I mean ALL of mom and dad's stuff to either storage or here. This last week I spent resting and watching soccer. Something I haven't been able to do since the EPL started a couple weeks ago. Susan is back to her ol' comments about it being "zero to zero...shocker" but now I can lock the TV room's door and ignore her.


Back to normalcy, or what passes for such in my life.


DAMN!




No comments: