Wednesday, October 03, 2007

GGGGGRRRRRRRrrrrrrrr...Go CUBS!!


Goddamnit! You would think that as long as some people have known me, they know not to engage me in their perky, joyous chatter early in the morning before I have had my coffee! Don't you hate it when you just got back from the cafeteria with your coffee and some cheerleader saunters into your office (uninvited) and plops down in a chair (also uninvited) and proceeds to go on a 10 minute ramble about something you could give a shit about??!!....OK, I'm calm now.

I am officially Mitchell's favorite Aunt. I gave him mom's old cell phone. I had a family account with three numbers for me, mom and dad. And, since the Stalinist cell phone company won't let me cancel one of the numbers for the next year....I figured Champ could use the phone. Man, was he happy....of course my "most favored status", I'm sure, will be replaced by something Pat or Susan cooks up....but I'm enjoying the title while I have it. Now...what can I do to buy....er...um...I mean deserve Matthew’s gratification.....all part of my evil plan to become the coolest most awesomest Aunt in the world!

Speaking of Pat, She is going back to graduate school. She is attending U of Minnesota and is working towards an MS in International Relations...or somethingorother. She is joining us down here next month for Thanksgiving. WOHOO!
Could this be the year the Cubs break the curses of the Billy goat and Bartman? I sure as hell hope so. I am so excited that their overspending summer resulted in a division title. As Susan puts it, "we are the best of the worst" in the post season! Despite the worst record in the post season, I have high hopes. Other than the Diamondbacks starting pitcher tonight, I think the Cubs outmatch the Backs on paper...keep your fingers crossed. With the 10PM ET start though, I doubt I will see much of this series. I can't stay up that late....I am forty ya know!




No comments: