Friday, August 07, 2009

My Home Town, The Windy City an LA Heat

Been traveling a lot the past six weeks. In July I took a trip back home to DC/Fairfax. I had a reunion of some friends I grew up playing soccer with. Also got to spend time with the nephews an my sister Lynda. Then the following weekend I went to Chicago/La Porte, IN to take my dad to visit his mom (Go Grandma! 101 and still ticking). We stayed Sunday night in Chicago and went to a Cubs game. We had great seats and Chicago is such a great city. Here are a couple of pictures: (View entire Albums HERE)

After I got back from Chicago, the following week I went to L.A. for business for the week. Didn't get a chance to do anything fun...all work. Had plans to go to a ball game (Dodgers) but damn work got in the way. When I got back I found out one of my friends that I caught up with at the reunion was also out in the land of stars and was at the Dodgers game...small world.
I'm having a cocktail at the hotel bar in El Segundo with some co-workers. My cell phone
'buzzes' on the bar. I glance and notice the area code..."wrong number, I'm sure". But it wasn't a wrong number. Instead it was the voice of someone I hadn't heard from in years. Very strange.

I haven't blogged a lot. Facebook has kept me busy, but I'm burning out from that. It was a great tool to get the ol' gang together this summer but it is getting old.

Aunt Weez broke her ankle. Poor thing is in a cast and may have to have surgery...no fun for an 83 year old I'm sure. So, GET WELL WEEZ! We're thinking of you!

Weez with us girls circa '73

No comments: