Thursday, November 10, 2005

Losses, Victory and Memories that never die!

Last Saturday I ventured up to Beef O'Brady's in Melbourne to meet Heather and Monica for some college football and beer. Heather has been on a mission ;) ....her friends Patrick and Sponge Bob...I mean Brian, showed up and the evening started out fun, but, I couldn't hold in my anger as the Hokies looked like a high school football team against the hated Hurricanes of Miami. I had to leave in the third quarter as the room full of Miami allumni was too much for me to take. I didn't know who was going to cry first, me because of the dismal play of the Hokies or Patrick because of his loss....I like your friends Heather, very nice...what does my friend Patrick (pictured above) have that your friend doesn't??

Alas, my anger and disappointment was relieved the following day as my beloved Redskins beat the E-A-G-L-E-S! (right, in Philly they are so creative with their cheers), on sunday night. I only wish I were still living in Philly so that I could enjoy the victory even more.

Florida Tech men's basketball started (local Div. II) school, Alison and I went to their game last night....except for the missed show boat dunks, the team actually looks decent this year...looking forward to watching them. Of course, being the dirty older women we are, we were picking out the cutest guys, butts...etc. Hey, why else do you think that women like sports so much?! Love those baseball pants...teehee. See Below.

Still working on my paper for my final act at school. I plan on graduating next month. I'm preparing a draft to send to Dad in Tucson so he can mark it up with his red pencil.....just got a chill....the memories...the dreaded red pencil! Quote from Dad to a 14 year old Cathy, "How many times do I have to tell you that "alot" is not a word, it is "a lot". Cathy: "I don't know....a thousand!". Dad: "Don't be a smart alec". Things haven't changed alot since then (pun intended) I'm still a smart alec....hahaha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks