Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

A year in review. Things I learned, heard and experienced in 2008.

Things you don't want to hear when rushed to the ER:
1. Do you want to see a Priest?
2. Do you have a living will?
3. You have some bleeding in your brain.
4. Did you know you have an old tumor in your brain?

Odd things I heard this year:
1. Here is the instruction booklet for your new toilet Ms. Reeder.
2. Would you like cheese on your cheeseburger?

Things you don't want to be told, 2008 edition:
1. Aunt Cathy your are soooooo unoxis (obnoxious)!
2. Your raise is going to be below average this year, Cathy.
3. Aunt Cathy, you're real good. You should play lacrosse...for OLD people.
4. Your house is worth 40% less than what you paid for it Ms. Reeder.
5. Your dog's operation will cost $3000...we can put you on a payment plan...
6. You will have to change your Dad's catheter bag at least twice a day Ms. Reeder.

Things you don't want to be asked, 2008 edition:
1. Driver's License and Registration please
2. May I see your I.D. please?...oooh (upon noticing my birth year) I'm sooo sorry Ma'am.
3. Step on the scale please.
4. Can you give your Dad an enema an hour before the procedure Ms. Reeder? (hell no!)

Memorable Moments of 2008
1. Cubs win! Cubs win! Cubs win!
2. Cubs lose! Cubs lose! Cubs lose!

Things you learned this year but could have died without knowing:
1. Whether or not your own dad is circumcised...sigh...

All in all a good year. I have my health and family and friends. Cheers!
Cathy

No comments: