Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Old Friends Part II

Abe's Place

The Big Pencil

The House I gew up in!
Mom, Mitchell and Aunt Susan

Aunt Cathy and Mitchell at the Robinson HS Football Game...Go RAMS!
Matthew and Champ at PJ Skidoos...boy do I have memories of that place!
Just like Senior Prom!...well...not JUST like...he's a married man..hehehe!
OK, so I went back to DC in October. My initial plans were to go to root some old High School friends on at the Baltimore Marathon. That fell through under tragic circumstances, but Susan and I went up anyway. Other than the fact that I have been traveling a lot, went to LA the week prior for business, it was a fun trip. I saw and played with my oh so cool nephews. Mitchell is on his 3rd iPhone from Aunt Cathy. Now Champ, if you break this one...you know...drop it in a big cup of coke or run over it with your bicycle...ahem...you are on your own dude. OK...we all know I'll buy him a new one!

Susan got Matthew the latest Guitar Hero game...he rocks! And, we got to see him play a soccer game! He serenaded us on the piano afterwards and is quite talented!

We also went to the National Holocaust Museum, something I've wanted to do for some time. It was quite sobering and a reminder ignorance, greed and indifference can lead to horrific events.

AND, I got to catch up with my old high school sweetheart Michael. Michael has just retired from the Army where he served as a helicopter pilot. He is a cancer survivor, husband and father of four. He is someone I admire very much for his character and his attitude. It was great to see him. A coincidence put us in DC the same weekend where he was vacationing from his current home in Germany. If anyone is looking for a Safety subject matter expert for their company give me a ring and I'll hook you up. He would be a terrific asset to any company.

Korean Memorial on the Mall...took some pics for Pops!
Matty played Forward striker!
And Guitar Hero!




No comments: