Thursday, June 15, 2006

Alberto, Spiders and Czechs, Oh my!

Well, believe it or not we had our first named storm of the hurricane season so far. Alberto was a wimp as far as storms go...but it did give us some much needed rain to help douse the many wild fires that are harassing Florida.

I got the scare of my life a couple of days ago. I had just taken a shower in my very dimly lit bathroom (no power due to the aforementioned storm)....I was drying off and a Spider fell from the top of my head into the sink. Now, I don't know if I picked it up in the Garage while looking for a flashlight or if was in the Shower, or on my towel. All I know is that it was a SPIDER and it was in my HAIR!!!! I was fearful that it was a Brown Recluse, but didn't have the nerve to go look at it for five minutes. I gathered myself and took a good long look at it as it lay stunned and wounded in the sink. I then squashed it and washed it down. I confirmed, after looking it up on the internet, that it was indeed a Brown Recluse...I'll never forget what it looked like. See picture below and try not to get the shivers thinking about this thing crawling, with its two hinged tri-sectioned legs, in your HAIR!!




I was lucky that it didn't bite me....at least I don't think it did. Even if it did, it would have been on my head and we all know that I have nothing up there to damage.

Even more disturbing was Monday's soccer match between the U.S. and the Czech Republic. I've been waiting four years and endured many qualifying matches waiting for this moment as my beloved U.S. squad took on the world in Germany at the World Cup Finals. They played awful...I think the 1967 Fairfax Scramblers (only family gets this one) could have played the Czech's more competitively. The U.S. lost 3-0 and now must face Italy this Saturday in must win game. See dejected U.S. Captain after the Czech game below:


The good news is....they are playing the Italians! Hey, even if the U.S. gets crushed...we get to see the total hotties from Italy play. Their whole team could be models.....you only have to like sexy men, not soccer to enjoy their games!

"Captain Fabio"

Staring 11 against Ghana

No comments: